Thursday, December 31, 2009

portraits

I finished this double portrait and then started a fun one. I was on a roll and had massive painting energy and decided to make something out of an old painting that no one liked... first I attacked it with spraypaint and then thick, sticky white housepaint that wouldn't spread. I really like the effect-- and of course it looked weathered and old -- so I'm working on an old photograph of the person I live with and his late father for the hall that shows through the dining room. I've never painted something for a place in a house -- but since the canvas was already wasted -- why not :) I'm really excited about the decorative look of it -- and the size. I probably would have never painted something like this on this scale (42" x 40") if it weren't for the recycling...


1 comment:

  1. Great! The new one reminds me of a bit of an Egan Scheile, without the anguished energy.

    ReplyDelete